The notification tool is used to show you how notification works for a transaction. You can use it during the integration process to view notifications that are sent by Trustly in the test environment for a given order (transaction).
A notification is sent by Trustly to update you of transaction status. For example, a Pending notification will be sent when the checkout process is completed.
Learn more about notifications.
Use notification tool and learn how a transaction status is communicated through notifications.
- Open the notification tool.
- Enter your processing account username and an OrderID for a transaction.
Tip: In Trustly Back Office, you can find the processing account username in Logged in as
<email>@<processing account username>in the upper right corner. For example, in the login account
[email protected]@apitest, the
apitestis the processing account username.
- Check and learn about notifications that are sent for the transaction.
- If a notification has not been delivered successfully, you will see the error message for the failed notification.
- You will also find a cURL command here for every notification, so that you can send the notification yourself.
- If you want to submit notification responses in the Deposit/Withdraw call on this page, send an additional attribute (
"HoldNotifications" : "1") in the call for which you want to submit the notification responses. This will be helpful if your development server is not reachable from the internet.